See the original foundation of Thomas Walsingham's estate at Scadbury

marlowe


Interior of the Great Hall. The roof timbers dating from the 14th century showing the king-post and musicians' gallery of what was once the Great Hall of Scadbury, now only a sad ruin. These timbers were removed at the time of the demolition of Scadbury Manor at the beginning of the 18th century, incorporated into a large farmhouse built about this time at Foot's Cray some two or three miles away, and brought back to their original site fore re-erection by Major Hugh Marsham-Townshend in 1921. This reconstruction is now fast falling into disrepair and ruin again.

from A.D. Wraight's In Search of Christopher Marlowe

See the original foundation of Thomas Walsingham's estate at Scadbury